Bellevue, Newcastle & Medina, WA
Dentistry involves more than just maintaining your oral health. At Spektor Dental, we also offer services in cosmetic dentistry, which is a specialization of dental science that seeks to improve the appearance of your smile. Our cosmetic dentists have built a reputation among the communities of Bellevue, Medina and Newcastle for creating beautiful, natural-looking smiles.
Let’s learn more about our program of cosmetic dentistry.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Multiple studies and surveys have found that the first feature people are likely to notice when they meet you is your smile. Making a good first impression can impact your professional future, as well as your social life; for example, one study found that 40 percent of those polled would not take a second date with a potential partner with crooked teeth.
When you look in the mirror and smile, are you happy with what you see? If not, rest assured, you aren’t alone. Many of us have some aspect of our smile we’d like to improve. If you dislike your smile, this can affect your self-esteem and lower your self-confidence. Seeing celebrities on TV or in magazines flashing their perfect-looking teeth could magnify your perceived image of how you feel about your teeth.
The reality is that very few people naturally have beautiful smiles. Instead, they enhance their smiles with cosmetic dentistry.
What should you look for in a cosmetic dentist?
- Training – A top-rated cosmetic dentist has completed post-graduate education and training in this specialty, and our lead dentist Dr. Wendy Spektor is no exception to that rule. She completed her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the University of Washington’s School of Dentistry and then pursued continuing education at the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. A member of several prestigious professional organizations for dentists, she has more than 30 years of total experience in the field of dentistry and is known for creating beautiful, natural smiles.
- Technology and Materials – Ever heard the phrase that a craftsman is only as good as their tools? A state-of-the-art cosmetic dentist uses the latest advances in technology, combined with top-of-the-line materials, to produce beautiful results for their patients. At Spektor Dental, our crowns and veneers are crafted from dental porcelain—a beautiful material that is resistant to stains and has a translucent quality similar to real tooth enamel. Our Bellevue cosmetic dentist will match the dental porcelain to your natural teeth, allowing your restoration to blend seamlessly with your smile.
- Qualifications – Possessing certifications or professional memberships does much more than just look good hanging on the wall of your dentist’s office. For patients, these professional qualifications provide peace of mind because you know you are being seen by an experienced and highly trained practitioner. At Spektor Dental, both Dr. Wendy Spektor and Dr. Molly McIntosh belong to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Spektor also has received multiple honors from publications in the Seattle and Bellevue areas, including 425 Magazine, Seattle Metropolitan (SeattleMet), and the Bellevue Reporter.
Cosmetic dentistry can address a host of aesthetic problems with your teeth
- Areas of discoloration
- Teeth that are crooked or appear crowded
- Concealing an unwanted gap between teeth
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked or broken
- Lost teeth
- Teeth of different shapes or sizes
- Gums resting too high on teeth, resulting in a “gummy” smile
Spektor Dental offers the following cosmetic dentistry services
Whitening – Teeth whitening is the most frequently performed procedure in cosmetic dentistry. Minimally invasive and able to be completed in less than an hour, professional teeth whitening could make a dramatic difference in your smile by brightening your teeth a few shades. At Spektor Dental, we offer in-office teeth whitening treatments, as well as pre-filled whitening trays that allow you to whiten your teeth at home.
Our whitening treatments include:
- The KöR® Whitening system, a deep bleaching system that removes stains from eating and drinking, as well as stains that form as a side effect from taking tetracycline (a once widely prescribed antibiotic that causes teeth to stain, appearing gray).
- EZ White® Pro entails an initial whitening treatment at our Bellevue office, followed by touchup treatments you can administer at home using custom take-home whitening trays. Results may whiten your teeth up to eight shades whiter.
- Opalescence™ Go uses a powerful whitening gel that contains potassium nitrate and fluoride to brighten your smile and is prepared for home use.
- Crest 3D White™ uses whitening strips you can apply at home to maintain the results of in-office teeth whitening treatments.
- Dental Bonding – Do you have a chipped tooth, damaged filling, or an undesirable gap between your teeth? Dental bonding, also referred to as cosmetic bonding, could resolve these issues in a single visit to our office. This cosmetic dental treatment uses composite resin that is bonded directly to the tooth. Bonding is popular because of its versatility, convenience and affordability. Plus, a bonding treatment produces natural-looking results.
- Veneers – Made of beautiful dental porcelain, a veneer is an ultra-thin shell made to fit over the front of the tooth or teeth being treated. Veneers can correct or conceal dental issues in a similar manner as dental bonding, but veneers are known to last longer. They also can permanently brighten your smile, which could make veneers an ideal option if your teeth have proven resistant to teeth whitening treatments. Veneers can be shaped to match your existing teeth or enhance them, transforming your smile with subtle changes.
- Invisalign – The Invisalign system uses several series of clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth. Not only are these aligners transparent, but they also can be removed when you eat, brush or floss your teeth, or if you plan to attend an event where photos will be taken.
- Botox & Dermal Fillers – You may think about these injectables as something you’d receive at a medical spa or from a plastic surgeon. Still, the use of Botox and dermal fillers such as Juvederm is becoming more prevalent in dentistry. Dr. Wendy Spektor has the training and years of experience to administer these injections to reduce the prominence of fine lines and wrinkles, improve facial and jaw contours, or to relax tense muscles around the mouth.
What if I need multiple cosmetic procedures to achieve my smile goals?
Your cosmetic dentists in Bellevue at Spektor Dental may present a treatment plan known as a smile makeover, which consists of several options to rejuvenate your smile. Each smile makeover is individualized and unique. You work with your dentist to devise a plan tailored to your aesthetic goals, current oral health, schedule and budget.
Your consultation with your cosmetic dentist is important
Whether you need just one cosmetic procedure, or several, to achieve your smile goals, a consultation with our cosmetic dentist is the first step. At this appointment, you’ll have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about treatment options. You also should explain your aesthetic goals to your dentist, who also will evaluate your oral health to determine your candidacy for certain procedures. Gum disease, for instance, could complicate cosmetic treatments and would need to be treated first. Click here to learn more about Spektor Dental’s program of treatment for periodontal disease.
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry go beyond appearance
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the aesthetics of your smile, but in many cases, patients also report their teeth function on a higher level after receiving cosmetic dental treatments. Bite alignment may improve, which makes it easier to take care of your teeth. You can take measures to maintain this improved function and form by diligently practicing dental hygiene: brushing twice per day, flossing daily and seeing your dentist once every six months as recommended for a check-up and dental cleaning.
Paying For Your Visit
You might be interested in cosmetic dentistry, but wondering how much it will cost. Remember that cosmetic dentistry often entails using sophisticated techniques, performed with leading-edge tools and high-quality materials. Procedures are priced based on the material used, as well as the complexity of the treatment. At Spektor Dental, we will provide a pre-treatment estimate during your initial consultation. This estimate allows you to prepare for your treatment financially.
We accept payment in the form of cash, check and most major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We also partner with CareCredit, one of the country’s leading third-party financing companies that allows you to pay for healthcare-related expenses at the time of your treatment, and then make monthly installments with little to no interest. Click here to learn more about our payment policies.
Find out if cosmetic dentistry in Bellevue is right for you
Schedule an initial consultation with one of your cosmetic dentists at Spektor Dental. At this appointment, we evaluate your dental health, review your records and listen to best understand your wants and needs. Isn’t it time to get the spectacular smile you have always wanted? Make your appointment today by calling (425) 454-1322. We are conveniently located at 1545 116th Avenue NE, Suite 100, in Bellevue.
Our office has been providing elite dental care to the Medina and Newcastle areas for more than 30 years.