Bellevue, Newcastle & Medina, WA
Dental trauma – emergency dental care
Our Bellevue family dentistry includes dental trauma care. If you chip or break a tooth, our Spektor Dental team of skilled dentists can often repair the tooth using cosmetic bonding or other methods if needed.
If you or your child chips a tooth:
- If the chip is large, soak the chip in milk and call us for an appointment to bond it back.
- If the chip is just a sliver or is missing, call for an appointment. We can still repair the tooth.
If a permanent tooth gets knocked out:
- If you are comfortable and know how the tooth goes in, rinse it off and place it back in the socket and call your dentist or oral surgeon, or go to a hospital emergency room.
- If you are not comfortable, you can soak the tooth in milk and immediately call your dentist or oral surgeon, or go to a hospital emergency room for help.
If a baby tooth gets knocked out or partially knocked out:
- Do not attempt to replace the tooth.
- See your healthcare provider or go to the hospital emergency room.
If a permanent tooth is partially knocked out:
- Check to see if the patient (you or your child) can close and bite down comfortably.
- See your healthcare provider as you can.
Call our Spektor Dental team with your questions or concerns regarding dental trauma. We make time for our patients’ emergencies. Call (425) 454-1322.