Bellevue, Newcastle & Medina, WA
When old silver fillings discolor or crack, we can replace them with composite resin or white fillings. We also use advanced diagnostic technology to find new cavities at their smallest, to save as much of your natural tooth as possible.
For back teeth where extreme forces are applied, you will want to choose a dentist with the skill and experience required for success. At Spektor Dental, we believe all dentistry should be functional and look great. We use only tooth-colored fillings, never silver amalgam.
Advantages of composite resin fillings, in the hands of a skilled dentist, include:
- Environmentally conscious: No metal, no mercury
- Minimally invasive
- Bonded to the tooth, can even improve strength
- Look like natural teeth
- A beautiful cosmetic result
Care Instructions for tooth-colored fillings:
- You may experience hot and cold sensitivity. This should improve with time. However, tooth-colored materials can be unforgiving. If you notice discomfort upon biting after 24 hours, we may need to adjust your bite. Call the office for a quick adjustment appointment.
- At first, tooth-colored fillings can feel chalky. They do smooth out with time. Your filling should feel comfortable and easy to floss. If not, please let us know.
- While tooth-colored fillings are not permanent, proper care will help them last much longer:
- Avoid or limit smoking and highly staining foods such as coffee, tea, red wine and blueberries
- Regular cleanings in our office will enable us to polish and shine your fillings.
- Do not bite down on hard foods or candy.
- Cut up crisp fruits and vegetables before you eat them.
- Do not bite or chew your fingernails.
- If you notice you are grinding your teeth, let us know so that we can construct a bite guard to prevent fracture.
Call the office if you have continued sensitivity or discomfort of any kind.
Call Spektor Dental for your smile evaluation today: (425) 454-1322.