Bellevue, Newcastle & Medina, WA
Whether you need full dentures or partial dentures, Dr. Lily Du at Spektor Dental can help you smile and eat again with confidence and comfort.
- Full dentures are a complete set of removable, natural looking custom-crafted teeth and gums.
- Partial dentures are a removable alternative to bridges. Natural looking, custom-crafted teeth are anchored by a metal frame attached to your natural teeth.
Questions and answers about dentures
Will my false teeth look fake?
Today’s dental materials are very natural looking and have the luminosity of real teeth. The artistry of the dentist shaping your teeth is very important. People should not even be able to tell you have dentures. In fact, dentures can help plump your lower face to regain the youthful appearance lost when teeth are missing.
Will my dentures fall out? I couldn’t stand the embarrassment.
Adhesives have also improved, and with today’s dental technologies, dentures can even be fit to wear without needing adhesive. These are called implant-supported dentures.
Will there be any restrictions on what I can eat?
You can eat what you want, but as with veneers and other cosmetic dentistry, we advise that you cut up hard foods first, such as apples and raw carrots, and avoid sticky candies. These are always good ideas, even with natural teeth.
How long do dentures last?
With proper care, dentures will last for 5 to 10 years or more. They will need to be checked for fit regularly, as our jawbone and gums do change and shrink as we age.
Caring for full dentures and partial dentures
- Clean your dentures daily:
- Fill your bathroom sink with water or use a towel in the sink to keep dentures from breaking if you drop them.
- Remove your dentures and brush them thoroughly, just as you would your own teeth. Ask us about products for cleaning dentures. Some toothpastes are too abrasive for dentures.
- Store clean dentures in a denture cleaning solution and do not let them dry out.
- Don’t forget your oral hygiene:
- Brush your tongue and gums with an extra soft toothbrush twice a day.
- Continue regular dental checkups.
Not everyone is a candidate for dentures. Implants may be another way to replace missing teeth. Bellevue dentist Dr. Lily Du will listen to your goals and concerns, and review all options to help you make an informed decision. Schedule a denture consultation with Dr. Lily Du today at (425) 454-1322.