Bellevue, Newcastle & Medina, WA
Porcelain veneers under the artistry of our skilled Bellevue cosmetic dentists are one of the most dramatic improvements you can make to your smile.
Porcelain veneers can:
- Correct a crooked smile
- Whiten badly stained teeth
- Improve the shape and color of your teeth
- Reshape worn teeth to help restore a more youthful smile
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain shells, like false fingernails, permanently adhered to the outsides of your teeth. They are artistically shaped to fit your real teeth perfectly. Veneers can make your teeth longer and more even. They will certainly make your smile whiter. When you choose veneers, you are making an investment for the highest quality materials used in cosmetic dentistry.
How are veneers applied?
It usually takes 3 appointments to complete your veneers:
- At your first appointment, the dentist removes a very thin layer of enamel, the hard outer layer of the tooth. Then the dentist takes an impression of your teeth, sends it to a lab that specializes in making veneers, and guides the lab to create veneers that reshape your smile. You walk out of your first appointment with custom-made temporaries.
- At your second appointment, the custom thin porcelain shells are glued to your teeth with a very thin layer of plastic bonding.
- At your follow-up appointment, we check fit and bite.
Care instructions: porcelain veneers
While veneers are not permanent, with proper care they can last for a very long time. Follow these tips to help care for your investment in your smile:
- To decrease staining, do not smoke. Limit your intake of coffee, tea, blueberries and other highly staining foods.
- Maintain regular dental cleanings.
- Brush carefully and floss well while wearing the temporaries. Try to floss to the gum, and then pull the floss through instead of forcing it out.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods or candy.
- Cut up apples, carrots and other crisp fruits and vegetables before eating.
- Do not bite your fingernails or pick at rough edges with your teeth.
- Consider wearing a night guard if you grind your teeth at night.
Enjoy your new smile. In case of a dental emergency, please call our office at (425) 454-1322.
Are you considering dental veneers? Call our Spektor Dental cosmetic dentists for a smile consultation today at (425) 454-1322.